Items which are considered "oversize" are noted on horizonhobby.com. Oversize packages will not ship 2 Day, Overnight or Saturday Delivery. For shipments to Puerto Rico, please call for a shipping quote.
Oversized items are not eligible for Gift Wrapping.
The Hangar 9 FuntanaS 3D 90 has been designed for extreme 3D flight performance. It is a large model that is extremely lightweight and has large control surfaces. Because of the high performance nature of the FuntanaS, special precautions in the equipment choices, set up of the model, and flying technique are required to prevent damage to the model.
- Use of a larger than recommended engine can cause excessive weight and airspeed, which can result in structural failure.
- The large size of the “3D” control surfaces requires powerful servos. The servos used must be 50 ounce inch torque or greater. JR 811 or 9411 servos are recommended.
- It is necessary to seal the aileron and elevator hinge gaps to help reduce chances of flutter. Clear Ultracote (HANU887) works well for this.
- Proper mechanical advantage on all control surfaces linkages is extremely important. Use of longer servo arms or shorter control horns will reduce the mechanical advantage and servo power available to the control surface, which will cause flutter.
- The recommended servo arm length is 1” or less as measured from the center of the servo output shaft to linkage connection point. JR heavy-duty arms work well for JR servos, part number JRPA215.
- The distance out on the control horn from the control surface should be 13/16” or greater
- The FuntanaS 3D .60-.90 is not designed for high-speed flight. Throttle management is critical in a model of this type. Do not perform high throttle dives. If the nose is pointed down, bring the throttle back. It is highly recommended that a large diameter, low-pitched propeller be used keep the speed of the model down. An APC 16x4W prop is recommended for the Saito 100 engine.
- The balance point as listed in the manual at 7 1/8” from behind the leading edge of the wing against the fuselage is a neutral CG point, and is the balance point for extreme 3D performance. For more stable flight performance, with reduced 3D ability, move the CG forward as desired.
If you have any further concerns, please contact our product support team for further assistance. You can call us at our toll free number at 877-504-0233 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wing fillets provide additional lift at low speeds
FuntanaS is based on the successful KatanaS TOC design
Unique tapered constant-thickness airfoil
Easy-to-transport 2-piece plug-in wing
Covered in exclusive Hangar 9 UltraCote®
Extremely lightweight all-wood construction
Very large control surfaces for both sport and extreme 3D performance
Designed by top F3A and Freestyle expert Sebastiano Silvestri exclusively for Hangar 9
This model is one of the many available for the Phoenix RC Flight Simulator
Torque rolls, rolling circles, harriers and more. With Hangar 9’snew FuntanaS™ 90 3D ARF, the only limit to the aerobatics it can perform is the pilot’s imagination. The FuntanaS™ 90 is a larger version of the popular FuntanaS 40 3D ARF and was designedexclusively for Hangar 9® by Italian National Aerobatic champion Sebastiano Silvestri, an expert F3A and Freestyle master and world-class Tournament of Champions competitor whose flying skills have amazed aerobatic fans worldwide. It’s even based on Sebastiano’s famous KatanaS TOC design.
Slow-speed handling is awesome, thanks to the unique tapered constantthickness airfoil and the wing fillets, which add more lift. By using an airfoil section at the center of the wing that is the same thickness as the airfoil at the tip, the FuntanaS 90 3D has stable low speed characteristics much like a large giant-scale aerobatic plane, yet still flies faster precision as well as a pattern model does. Plus, the very large control surfaces give the FuntanaS unbelievable control authority, even at very low speeds. The extremely light all-wood construction also contributes to its no holds-barred 3D performance. The FuntanaS 90 is an extreme 3D aerobatic airplane with extreme potential for performing the most creative, spinetingling moves in any experienced pilot’s repertoire. Waterfalls, blenders, parachutes and other spellbinding maneuvers are well within the range of its abilities.
This .90-size knockout is covered in exclusive Hangar 9 UltraCote for the finest look and protection, and, using a Hacker brushless motor and the enclosed installation instructions, it can even easily be adapted to electric power. The 2-piece plug-in wing makes it a cinch to transport from the workshop to the flying field and back again.
For the wildest and most extreme 3D maneuvers that can possibly be imagined, the FuntanaS 90 3D ARF can handle them. And pilots will look awesome doing them.
When aligning the control horn on the aileron, be sure that the 3 mounting holes are all over the hardpoint in the aileron, so that the 3 screws will thread into the hardpoint. The hardpoint is visible through the transparent blue covering. You can drill the front 2 screw locations at an angle back so that the screws will go through the hardpoint.
Your kit may contain 2 - pre-drilled holes for the wheel pant screws. In this case, in step 3 mark both positions, step 4 drill both positions, and in step 5 install 2 blind nuts in the wheel pant. Then in step 7 attach the wheel pant with 2 - 4-40 x 1/2" screws.
As the note states, you can rotate the carb 180 degrees to have the needle come out the top of the cowl. On a Saito engine, you can do this by removing the two carb screws, rotate the intake manifold so the carb will clear the engine, rotate the carb 180 degrees, rotate the intake manifold back to position the carb on the backplate, and re-install the 2 carb screws.
With standard size servos it is necessary to raise the throttle servo approximately 1/4" to clear the stringer on the bottom of the fuselage. You can do this by gluing 2 pieces of 1/8" light ply on each side to the servo mount to raise the servo, or 1 piece of 1/4" ply would also work well. Be sure to glue the ply to the servo mount well.
Technical questions about this Hangar 9 product should be directed to Horizon Hobby's Product Support Department:
Horizon Hobby, LLC. ATTN: Product Support 2904 Research Road Champaign, IL 61822
To place a Horizon Hobby Support Inquiry please visit our Inquiry FormSupport Phone:(877) 504-0233 Fax:(217) 355-1552
If you would like to purchase this product, please go to the Store Locator or contact the Horizon Hobby Consumer Sales Department:
Horizon Hobby, LLC. ATTN: Consumer Sales 2904 Research Road Champaign, IL 61822 Email: email@example.comSales Phone:(800) 338-4639 Fax:(217) 355-1552
Stay in the Know: Sign up to join our Mailing List
Please select an interest to subscribe to our emails.