Tiger 30cc ARF, 90"
- Lightweight balsa and plywood construction for a strong and lightweight airframe
- Fiberglass cowl requires no finishing by the customer
- One-piece painted aluminum landing gear attaches to fuselage
- Finished fiberglass wheel pants matches the covering perfectly
- Large canopy hatch provides easy access to radio gear, batteries and fuel system
- Bolt-on two-piece wings for easy transportation and handling
- Steerable tail wheel
- Taildragger gear configuration
- Clear canopy
- Full-span ailerons with option for functional flaps
- Pre-hinge control surfaces help you save on build time
- Included decal sheet allows you to customize the look of your aircraft
- Complete hardware package included
- Designed to accept gas/petrol engines and electric motors
For the balsa enthusiast, the new Hangar 9® Tiger 30cc delivers the classic looks and performance of the popular Tiger series in a larger 30cc platform for common gas engines and electric power systems. Taking its cues from the Tigers of old, this sport plane is streamlined with a complete fiberglass cowl requiring no additional work to get ready for the runway. A smart red, white, and blue color scheme highlights the modern sport plane's looks with nods to its rich past.
Bigger than the Tigers of yesterday, it only needs a 30cc-class gas/petrol engine to deliver outstanding performance. Lightweight design, combined with high-grade balsa and plywood construction, is used with laser accuracy to provide everything you could want in a giant scale sport model. The large canopy hatch provides easy access to radio gear, batteries and fuel system while the pre-hinge control surfaces save you time when building. The bolt-on two-piece wings provide easy transportation and handling. If you're looking for a big sport airplane with ties to the radio control flying past and can do it all with a modern flair, the Tiger 30cc airplane is for you.
The Tiger 30cc ARF is part of the complete line of top-quality Hangar 9® aircraft and accessories. All are engineered and crafted to exacting standards and feature the finest components and materials. Plus, every Hangar 9 product comes with the after-sale service and technical support you need to succeed.
For Gas Engine or Electric Motor Setup
- (1) Full-range, 6+ channel radio system
- (5-8) Standard High-Torque Servos
- (5-8) 9-18 Inch Heavy Duty Servo Extensions
- (1) Battery for receiver
- (1) 3 inch spinner
- Tools and adhesives (see manual for complete list)
- (1) DLE-35RA or similarly sized 30cc 2 or 4 stroke gas engine
- (1) Battery for electronic ignition
- (1) 18x10 Wood Propeller
- Gas tubing and fuel filler
- (1) 160-180 Brushless Outrunner Motor
- (1) 90-Amp+ Electronic Speed Control
- (2) 6S 22.2V 5000-7000mAh LiPo Batteries
- (1) 18x10 Electric Propeller
- (1) Hangar 9 Tiger 30cc ARF
- (1) Product Manual
Easy Access and Assembly
The convenient top hatch is large for easy access to vital components such as the electronics and batteries. The two-piece bolt-on wing makes this large airplane easy to transport and assemble with minimal fuss so you can arrive at the field and be in the air quickly.
Aluminum Landing Gear
The wide track painted aluminum landing gear attaches to the fuselage for easy transportation and field assembly. The fiberglass wheel pants matches the film covering to perfection.
Wide Flight Envelope
The light wing loading and semi-symmetrical airfoil combine with an abundant power source to offer exceptionally friendly flight performance. Functional flaps (optional) allow its versatile flight to open even wider.
Power it the Way You Want It
The Tiger 30cc is designed to accept 30cc size two-stroke or four-stroke engines as well as brushless electric power plant equivalents.
|Approximate Assembly Time||15-20 Hours|
|CG (Center of Gravity)||3.5 - 5" (89 - 127mm) measured from leading edge of wing at fuselage side|
|Completion Level||Almost Ready-To-Fly|
|Engine Size||1.8 cu in (30cc)|
|Landing Gear||Fixed main with steerable tail wheel|
|Material||Balsa and ply|
|Minimum Required Radio||6-channel|
|Motor Size||160 - 180 brushless outrunner|
|Outer Diameter||1.125 in (30mm)|
|Product Length||78" (1.98m)|
|Recommended Motor Battery||Two 6S 5000mAh LiPo|
|Servos||Eight high torque/high speed servos required|
|Speed Control||Sold Separately|
|Spinner Size||3" (76.2mm) (sold separately)|
|Transmitter Range||Full range|
|Trim Scheme Colors||Red, White, Sapphire Blue and Aluminum|
|Wing Area||1417.5 sq in (91.45 sq dm)|
|Wing Loading||26 - 29 oz/sq ft (79.34 - 88.49 g/sq dm)|