RC8T4 Team Kit
RC8T4 Team Kit
- Innovative Front-End Geometry
- Improved Steering Balance
- Predictable Handling In All Conditions
- New Front And Rear Gearbox Designs
- New Front Shock Tower Design
RC8T4 Team Kit
In The Box
- (1) RC8T4 Team Kit
Needed to Complete
- (1) 1/8 Scale Nitro Motor (.21 Class Rear Exhaust Engine)
- (1) Exhaust System (Muffler And Header Going Pack, Or Muffler Spring)
- (1) 4.8V-7.6V Receiver Battery
- (1) Battery Charger
- (1) 2+ Channel Radio System
- (1) Standard-Size Throttle Servo
- (1) Standard-Size Steering Servo
- (4) 1/8 Scale Off-Road Wheels And Tires
- (1) 1/8 Truggy Body
PUSHING THE BOUNDARIES
The latest development to come from Associated Electrics' Area 51 is designed to push boundaries of performance and build upon the number of accolades accumulated by the RC8 series.
- New steering bellcranks with top-mounted steering rack for extra clearance around gearbox assembly
- New aluminum steering rack designed around the updated front end geometry is lightweight and durable
- New steering bellcrank nuts are longer to reduce drag from the steering rack under flex
- Updated steering servo linkage features a new heavy duty threaded ball and steel screw joint
- New A and B blue aluminum suspension arm mounts are shaped to interlock with the RC8B4 chassis
- New RC8T4 specific 7075 aluminum hard anodized chassis features updates to strengthen the front and rear droop tab areas and an increased width along kick up area
- New upper suspension arm link mount is significantly wider than RC8B3 series, providing the required geometry for the new reduced KPI steering blocks
- New carbon fiber front top plate centralizes the front chassis brace for balanced flex in all directions
- New front chassis brace is the same length as the "short" version from RC8B3 for ideal front end flex
RC8T4 Team Kit Features
Innovative front-end geometry with reduced kingpin inclination steering blocks places the wheel pivot in the center of the front tire for increased stability and consistent steering through the entire steering throw.
- Paired with a new wider upper suspension arm pivot.
New gearboxes are specific to front and rear:
- Front gearbox features a 3.5deg. inclined pinion gear angle to straighten the center driveshaft for increased drivetrain efficiency and reduced phasing and vibration.
- Rear gearbox features a 0deg. pinion gear angle and center mounted rear chassis brace mount.
- Both gearboxes feature larger bearing sizes over RC8B3. Switching to a 6x13x5mm flanged bearing (from a 6x12x4mm non-flanged) results in longer life of bearings and ring and pinion gears.
- Reduced hardware on anti-roll bar cap for easy assembly and maintenance.
- Increased strength in common areas of part fatigue; particularly around the pinion gear and outer cap bearing fitment.
Updated front upper suspension arm design
- An added molded hinge pin bushing to reduce slop and increase suspension dynamics.
New rear wing mount has adjustable wing angle shims, significant strength improvements, an aerodynamic shape, and extra clearance for shock position adjustment
- Two wing height options are available to tune the rear downforce.
- Three wing angle positions: 0, -2, and -4deg.
- The improved design also secures the wing mounting nuts so that they will not spin in the mount.
- The four wing mount screws into the rear tower access from the rear end of the buggy for simplified maintenance.
New rear wing has more vertical fins for increased straight-line stability, a taller rear wickerbill height for increased downforce, increased strength in various areas to reduce bending fatigue, and dimples on the backside as a template for cutout holes
- Two wing buttons are included for additional tuning options: the first is a traditional one-piece flat button and the second is a vertical stabilizing fin for even more straight-line stability.
New rear chassis brace has several design features and flex options:
- Rear brace is mounted centrally to the gearbox, which reduces material fatigue, centralizes shear forces, and improves the life of rear end drivetrain parts.
- Has three different chassis flex options using two chassis hole mounting locations.
- The upper brace joint has two flex tuning options at the gearbox.
- Removable insert to customize the amount of flex in the brace.
New +1mm offset rear hub features a symmetrical left and right common design with axle height inserts for adjustable roll center tuning
- The standard bearing size used is an 8x16x5mm flanged but the hub will still accept 15x21x4mm bearing for CVA axle tuning options.
New fuel tank with many new features:
- A new footprint to integrate with new steering bellcrank position.
- Optimized fuel tank capacity.
- Includes an ergonomically designed rubber lid puller.
- Dash marks on the upper fuel tank half are measurement indications for quickly checking remaining fuel capacity after a session.
- Increased splash guard height.
- Longer lid pivot length results in a better closure and seal between lid and tank.
- Three stackable inserts are included for volume adjustment at sanctioned events.
New +2 mm taller front shock tower design with updated suspension geometry and body mount positions for all styles of truck bodies
- Run a single centered body post mount for "bruggy" type bodies.
- Run two offset body post mounts for traditional "truggy" type bodies.
- Run an included top plate mounted body post for bodies utilizing "buggy" front end mounting points.
New longer shock shafts and shock rod ends
- 35.5mm front and 44.5 mm rear shock shafts.
- 0 mm, +2 mm, and +4 mm shock rod ends are included for tuning droop and up-travel for various shock positions.
Wing has verticle rear fins and a taller rear lip for increased straight-line stability.
Rear Chassis Brace
New rear chassis brace is mounted centrally to the gearbox, which reduces material fatigue.
7075 Aluminum Chassis
7075 Aluminum hard anodized chassis creates optimum weight balance.
Carbon Fiber Top Plate
Carbon fiber front top plate centralizes the front chassis brace for balanced flex in all directions.
Shock Tower Design
New front shock tower design with updated suspension geometry and body mount positions.
Front upper suspension arms updated to have bushing insert for improved fit and performance.
Inovative front-end geometry with new 8" steering blocks.
Fuel tank with an ergonomically designed lid puler, high capacity, and quick reference fuel markings.
New material on rod ends and anti-roll bar links for improved durability.
New front and rear gearbox designs and engineered for better drivetrain efficiency.
Wing mount features adjustable wing angle shims, strength improvements, and aerodynamic strength.
|Shock Type||Oil Filled Shocks|
|Product Length||22.05" (560 mm)|