Opterra S+ 1.2m FPV-Equipped BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Plus
Opterra S+ 1.2m FPV-Equipped BNF Basic with AS3X and SAFE Plus
- Includes a factory-installed FPV camera and video transmitter with interactive OSD
- Capable of sport flying, aerobatics, soaring and more
- 3S and 4S LiPo compatible brushless motor and ESC
- Exclusive SAFE® Plus GPS-enabled drone technology
- AutoLand, Holding Pattern and Virtual Fence functions
- Optional-use Altitude Hold, self-leveling and angle limits
- Spektrum™ receiver with 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
- Stability and precision of AS3X® technology
- Tool-free and fastener-free airframe assembly
- Convenient hands-free servo connection system
- Enlarged elevons offer excellent control response at any speed
- Multiple vortex generator locations enhance slow speed stability and control
- Includes FPV camera and optional-use standard noses
- Integrated keel makes launching easier and adds landing protection
- Lightweight and durable EPO foam construction with carbon-fiber support
- Molded-in LED channels for optional night flying capability
- Compatible with an optional TBS Crossfire micro receiver for extended range operation
- Full-range, 6+ Channel DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter
- 2200–3200mAh 3–4S LiPo flight battery
- Compatible LiPo charger
- (1) Eflite Opterra S+ 1.2m FPV
- (1) Spektrum DSMX/DSM2 4647 Serial Receiver, A3235 Flight Control with AS3X® and SAFE® Select Technologies, and a GPS Module for SAFE Plus features (installed)
- (1) 30A Brushless, 3–4S LiPo Compatible
- (1) 480-Size, 880Kv Brushless Outrunner
- (2) 13-Gram Micro Servo
- (1) Spektrum™ VC602 Camera
- (1) Adjustable 25/200/600mW Video Transmitter with Interactive OSD
- (1) User Manual
SAFE Plus and FPV Equipped
The factory-installed camera provides an incredible First Person View while the 25/200/600mW adjustable power output video transmitter with interactive On-Screen Display (OSD) shows informative telemetry data in real-time such as altitude, ground speed, battery voltage and flight mode—even the distance and direction to the home/GPS-initialization point is shown while you fly (headset/monitor sold separately). There’s also a forward-facing station above the nose where you can mount a GoPro Session, RunCam HD or other similar camera to record your flight in high-definition video.
Advanced Aerodynamics and Lightweight Construction
Central to the aircraft's amazing capabilities are the advanced aerodynamics that shapes its design. In addition to an efficient airfoil, winglets and fins on the fuselage help the model track true in a variety of conditions. Vortex generators near the leading edge of the top of the wing, and just ahead of the elevons on the bottom, enhance slow speed stability and control. The airframe itself is constructed of carbon-fiber reinforced, hollow-core EPO material that keeps weight to a minimum while maintaining strength and rigidity.
3S and 4S Compatible Brushless Power System with Folding Prop
The high-power brushless power system provides great power for carrying camera payloads or performing sport aerobatics when using 3S LiPo batteries—or you can use a 4S battery for even more power and performance without the need for any modifications or upgrades. When you want to power off and grab a thermal, the folding prop reduces drag so you can glide longer.
Easy to Assemble and Transport
One of the model’s most impressive features is how easy it is to take anywhere you want it to go. Its plug-in wing panels feature hands-free servo connections and are secured without the need for tools or fasteners so assembly or disassembly can be done in almost no time at all.
Bind-N-Fly® Basic with FPV
Bind-N-Fly (BNF) Basic aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the servos, power system and a Spektrum™ 2.4GHz receiver installed, so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible Spektrum transmitter, finish any final assembly and fly!
AS3X Receiver with Optional SAFE Select Technology
The airplane’s AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization - 3-aXis) equipped receiver works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you're flying a larger, expertly-tuned aircraft.
If you're a relatively new FPV pilot or want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can activate the optional SAFE® Select technology built into the receiver for Pitch and Bank Angle Limits, Self-Leveling and optional-use Altitude Hold.
With Optional-Use SAFE Select technology, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- Instantly returns the airplane to level when the sticks are released. During launch, you can use optional SAFE Select technology to keep the airplane level and in the perfect climb attitude until you get both hands back on the controls. If you are flying FPV with a headset, activating SAFE technology will allow you to relax and enjoy the view without worrying about trying to stay level or getting disoriented and losing control.
- The airplane will maintain altitude by automatically adjusting the throttle and airspeed as needed.
When activated, the advanced AutoLand function puts the airplane on a stabilized approach and autonomously lands near the takeoff point.
Pause your flight anytime. The airplane will automatically return to a point near takeoff and circle until the command is canceled.
Optional-use Virtual Fence with various selectable settings keeps you from flying too far away. This prevents the airplane from flying outside the boundary.
Lightweight construction and efficient aerodynamics make it possible for the E-flite® Opterra® S+ 1.2m flying wing to deliver a wide range of capabilities that includes everything from sport flying and performing aerobatics, to soaring and beyond. This First Person View (FPV) equipped version also gives you the ability to put yourself in the pilot's seat while SAFE® Plus GPS-enabled drone technology makes it the best FPV platform EVER.
The E-flite Opterra S+ 1.2m flying wing is more compact than its 2.0m counterpart, yet it delivers added convenience, capability and flexibility through refined aerodynamics and an updated design that includes a number of great features. From a simplified three-piece airframe that requires no tools or fasteners for assembly/disassembly, to enlarged elevons, a plastic covered keel and an improved motor mount design matched to the 3S and 4S compatible power system. This version is also equipped with an FPV camera and video transmitter (VTX), plus exclusive SAFE Plus GPS-enabled drone technology that offers AutoLand, Holding Pattern, Virtual Fence, optional-use Self-Leveling and other features that make it the best platform for first-time and experienced FPV pilots looking to sport fly, perform aerobatics, explore, soar or even race. There are even channels molded into the wings that allow for installation of optional LED light strips for night flying capability.
|Motor Size||480-Size, 880Kv Brushless Outrunner (installed)|
|Product Length||20.7 in (525mm)|
|Servos||(2) 13-Gram Digital Micro (installed)|
|Wingspan||47.2 in (1200mm)|
|Wing Area||437 sq in (28.2 sq dm)|
|Minimum Required Radio||Full-Range 6+ Channel DSMX?/DSM2? (sold separately)|
|Completion Level||Bind-N-Fly Basic|
|Minimum Speed Control||30A Brushless, 3S?4S LiPo Compatible (installed)|
|Recommended Motor Battery||2200?3200mAh 3?4S LiPo with EC3? Connector (sold separately)|