Product DetailsHangar 9 brings one of the most popular warbirds ever modeled as a Plug-N-Play® package designed for RC sport and warbird pilots looking to transition from foam models to balsa. The new Hangar 9® Fun Scale Thunderbolt P-47 PNP makes it easy to fly and look good doing it.
- Expertly constructed with lightweight, laser-cut balsa and plywood finish in genuine UltraCote® film covering
- Plug-N-Play® completion level; no glue required for main assembly
- 60-Amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Compatible with a wide variety of popular LiPo batteries
In The Box
- (1) Fun Scale P-47 Thunderbolt PNP
- (1) Spektrum™ Avian 60 Amp Brushless Smart ESC (installed)
- (1) 4250-600Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (1) 14x12 Wood Electric Propeller (included)
- (4) Spektrum A391 39 gram Digital Servo (installed)
- (1) Main Retractable Landing Gear (installed)
- (1) User Manual
Needed to Complete
- (1) Full-range, 6+ Channel Transmitter and Receiver
- (1) 4S 14.8V to 6S* 22.2V 4000-5000mAh LiPo Battery with EC5™ or IC5® Connector
- (1) Compatible LiPo Charger
- *6S (22.2V) LiPo battery requires a 12x8 propeller. The included 14x12 wood propeller is for 4S (14.8V) LiPo battery operation.
Easily Transition From Foam To Balsa Aircraft
For the sport and club pilot looking to transition from a foam to balsa aircraft, the new Hangar 9® Fun Scale P-47 Thunderbolt delivers a true Plug-N-Play® completion replica model of one of the most popular WWII warbirds ever modeled. Foam RC pilots will be familiar with the P-47 brushless outrunner power system, wide variety of battery options and easy field assembly, while the all-wood airframe is finished in genuine UltraCote® that's long lasting and easy to maintain.
The Fun Scale P-47 Thunderbolt is crafted from the ground up to be the perfect first balsa aircraft for foam pilots looking to step up into the scale world of RC warbirds. As a Plug-N-Play completion level, the P-47 Thunderbolt broadens its appeal for first time balsa pilots and balsa enthusiasts looking for a plane with high play value and low assembly time.
- Expertly constructed with lightweight, laser-cut balsa and plywood
- Plug-N-Play® Completion Level
- Fits a wide variety of battery options to provide a wide range of performance and flight times.
- Two decal sets lets you customize the trim in "Wicked Wabbit" or "Hun Hunter" livery
- No glue required for main assembly and can be ready to fly in much less time than it takes to charge a battery (Glue is recommended for 6S LiPo battery operation)
- Painted fiberglass cowl
- Optional simulated radial engine included
- 60-amp Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other data via compatible receivers and transmitters
- Factory-installed 4250-600Kv Brushless Outrunner Motor
- Landing gear doors and pilot increase realistic appeal
- Four factory-installed Spektrum™ A391 servos
- Large magnetic top hatch makes access to electronics and batteries convenient.
- Two-piece plug in wings for easier transportation and field assembly
- Factory-installed Hangar 9® electric main retractable landing gear
- Covered in genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote® film
- Efficient 14 x 12 wood propeller included for 4S Lipo battery powered. (5S and 6S LiPo batteries require a propeller change)
The Hangar 9® P-47 Thunderbolt PNP bridges the gap between foam and balsa pilots perfectly! For the sport and club pilot looking to transition from a foam to balsa/wood aircraft, the new Fun Scale P-47 Thunderbolt delivers a true Plug-N-Play® completion Fun Scale model of one of the most popular WWII warbirds ever modeled. Foam RC pilots will be familiar with the P-47 brushless outrunner power system, wide variety of battery options and easy field assembly. It features lightweight, balsa and plywood construction with carbon fiber reinforcements and is finished in genuine UltraCote® that's long lasting and easy to maintain. The two-piece plug-in wings allows for convenient transportation and set up. Pilots can be ready to fly in much less time than it takes to charge a battery. At the workbench, the P-47 assembly is easy with only common tools needed. All you need to do is bolt the model together, install the receiver, charge a battery and fly. Flying a balsa warbird aircraft has never been easier. The new Hangar 9® Fun Scale P-47 Thunderbolt PNP makes it easy to fly and look good doing it.
Plug-N-Play® Completion Level
This Plug-N-Play (PNP) version comes out of the box with a factory-installed power system and servos that are ready to connect to the compatible receiver of your choice (sold separately). Simply install the receiver, finish any final assembly, and fly!
Laser-cut, lightweight balsa and plywood construction that's expertly built to exacting standards gives the P-47 Thunderbolt design exceptional durability. Genuine Hangar 9® UltraCote® covering, factory applied with precision, provides an easy-to-maintain finish that's vivid no matter how you look at it.
No glue is required for main assembly and you can have the Fun Scale P-47 Thunderbolt PNP ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The wing design makes transport and storage as practical and convenient as possible.
The Fun Scale P-47 Thunderbolt PNP is equipped with an exclusive Spektrum™ Avian™ Smart ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more via compatible receivers (including the SPMAR637T) and Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters while you fly.
|Approximate Flight Time||6-8 minutes|
|CG (Center of Gravity)||90mm (80mm-95mm range)|
|Minimum Required Radio||Full-range, 6+ channel transmitter and receiver|
|Minimum Speed Control||60A|
|Motor Type||Brushless - Outrunner|
|Product Length||43" (1092 mm)|
|Product Weight||103 oz, 6.4lb, 2915g|
|Recommended Motor Battery||4S 14.8V 5000mAh LiPo Battery|
|Trim Scheme Colors||Silver / Olive Drab / Red|
|Wing Area||545 sq|
|Wingspan||56.5" (1435 mm)|