Delta Ray One BNF Basic with SAFE Technology, 500mm
Delta Ray One BNF Basic with SAFE Technology, 500mm
- Plane is fully assembled and ready to go right out of the box! *Spektrum DSMX Transmitter, Battery and Charger Required
- Exclusive SAFE® technology from Horizon Hobby makes it easy to learn to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes at the flip of a switch
- Easily upgrade to SAFE Plus GPS-enabled drone technology to add AutoLand, Virtual Fence and Holding Pattern features (sold separately)
- Lightweight and extremely durable EPO construction with an impact-resistant rubber nose cone
- Unique pusher configuration with folding blades for increased propeller and motor protection
- Powerful and efficient brushless power system for excellent performance and long flight times
- Industry-leading Spektrum™ DSMX® 2.4GHz technology
- No FAA registration required (under the 250 gram weight limit)
- FPV-Ready with On Screen Display (OSD) when used with compatible cameras and headsets or monitors (sold separately)
The E-flite® Delta Ray® One airplane is the perfect choice for anyone who wants to learn to fly RC. Its compact size, innovative delta wing design and exclusive technologies combine to deliver an airplane that’s not only incredibly easy to fly, but is also capable enough to help you succeed and go beyond basic flight. The Delta Ray One makes it easier to learn to fly in less time than ever before, and without the need for any experience at all.
The E-flite® Delta Ray One airplane features an innovative delta wing design that provides a futuristic combination of stability and efficiency. And beyond its advanced aerodynamics, it’s also equipped with exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology which makes learning to fly even easier, more relaxing—and most important of all—more fun! Plus, you can easily upgrade to SAFE Plus GPS-enabled drone technology that offers features such as AutoLand and Virtual Fence that makes learning to fly easier and safer than ever. Its compact, ultra-micro size makes it possible to fly in smaller spaces such as parks and soccer fields, while its lightweight construction with advanced EPO material and a rubber nose cone makes it extremely durable. Best of all it arrives 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box!
And the fun doesn’t stop after you learn how to fly! The powerful and efficient brushless power system delivers long flight times and provides plenty of speed and power to perform aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and even inverted (upside down) flight. Plus, the delta wing design and low wing loading deliver a very wide flight envelope and incredible handling that even experienced pilots will appreciate and enjoy. For them, the BNF Basic version (EFL9550) is ideal because it allows them to use their favorite Spektrum™ transmitter along with the batteries and chargers they may already own to fly with.
- 5–6+ channel Transmitter with Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX/DSM2 Technology
- 200–280mAh 2S LiPo Flight Battery
- Suitable LiPo Charger
- (1) Delta Ray One Aircraft
- (1) Hook and Loop Tape
- (1) Double Sided Tape
- (1) Product Manual
This BNF® (Bind-N-Fly) Basic version comes out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed, so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible Spektrum DSMX®/DSM2® equipped transmitter, connect a charged 2S 7.4V 280mAh battery and fly!
Learn to Fly Successfully with SAFE® Technology
If this is your first RC airplane, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the controls, Horizon Hobby-exclusive SAFE technology prevents over-control and crashing while also offering multiple modes that deliver more control as your skills progress:
- BEGINNER MODE
- In this flight mode, the Delta Ray One airplane has limited pitch and bank angles that prevent over-control. When the sticks are released, the aircraft automatically returns to level flight allowing you to relax and enjoy just ‘steering’ the airplane through the sky.
- INTERMEDIATE MODE
- Higher pitch and bank angle limits are allowed and no self-leveling is active. Self-leveling can be activated by switching to Beginner Mode and releasing the sticks.
- EXPERIENCED MODE
- No pitch and bank angle limits or self-leveling. You can even fly inverted (upside down) and perform aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls and more. Self-leveling can be activated by switching to Beginner Mode and releasing the sticks.
Easily Upgrade to SAFE® Plus GPS-enabled drone technology
With quick and easy installation of the optional GPS unit you can add next-level autonomous guidance features that make it even easier to learn to fly. These features are also extremely helpful if you ever plan to fly FPV (First-Person View). With SAFE Plus added you get:
- When activated after holding down a button, the advanced AutoLand function puts the Delta Ray One airplane on a stabilized approach to autonomously land near the GPS initialization point. You can even provide some directional guidance to avoid obstacles or to adjust the approach while letting the system do the rest to execute a safe landing. As your skills progress and you gain more confidence you can take over more of the control inputs, eventually learning to land without any assistance from the automated system at all.
- HOLDING PATTERN
- This very helpful SAFE Plus exclusive feature lets you essentially "pause" the flight by putting the airplane into a GPS-guided holding pattern. When activated after the quick press of a button, the airplane will automatically return to a position above the GPS initialization point and circle until the command is cancelled with another quick press of a button. It's a great way to safely hand the controls to a friend or to regain visual contact if you ever lose sight of the model.
- VIRTUAL FENCE
- It's easy to accidentally let an RC airplane fly too far away, but with Virtual Fence worry no more because it creates an invisible boundary the airplane won't fly past. When the airplane reaches this boundary it will automatically turn around and fly back toward the GPS initialization point, then it will wag the wings to let you know when you have control again.
|BL 180 Brushless Outrunner (Installed)
|422mm (16.6 in)
|130 x 70 mm folding
|Recommended Motor Battery
|2S 280 Li-Po Battery (sold separately)
|CG (Center of Gravity)
|2.4-2.7" (60-68mm) back from Leading Edge break
|127.3 sq in (8.2 sq dm)
|Minimum Required Radio
|5+ channels (sold separately)
|Appropriate 2S+ LiPo Charger
|Approximate Assembly Time
|Less than 1 Hour
|Approximate Flight Time