A-10 Thunderbolt II 70mm EDF PNP V2 with Reflex
A-10 Thunderbolt II 70mm EDF PNP V2 with Reflex
In The Box
- (1) A-10 Thunderbolt II V2 70mm EDF Jet
- (4) 23g Digital Metal Servos (installed)
- (5) 9g Analog Metal Servos (installed)
- (2) Hobbywing 80A ESCs (installed)
- (2) 70mm Inrunner 12-Bladed EDFs (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete
- 6+ Channel Radio Transmitter and Receiver
- 6+ Cell 5000mAh 45C LiPo Battery (2x 3300 mAh for Maximum Flight Time)
- Appropriate Balancing LiPo Charger
The Fairchild Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II is a single-seat, twin turbofan engine, straight wing jet aircraft developed by Fairchild-Republic for the United States Air Force (USAF). Commonly referred to by its nicknames Warthog or Hog, its official name comes from the Republic P-47 Thunderbolt, a World War II fighter that was effective at attacking ground targets.
- Dual 70mm inrunner 12-bladed EDFs and Hobbywing 80A ESCs provide ample thrust.
- Highly realistic scale features: Rivets, panel lines, CNC shock absorbing landing gears, removable bombs and rocket pods, scale pilot figure etc.
- Ultra bright LED light system
- Electronic retracts with over current protection
- Large diameter bearings in the landing gear allow the A-10 V2 to roll smoothly over rough terrain
- Preinstalled ball-linked control horns for accurate and precise movements.
- Improved ESC: The dual 70A ESCs are uprated to dual Hobbywing 80A ESCs, with an external 8A BEC for bulletproof performance.
- Upgraded servos: Elevator and Rudder servos have been upgraded to 23g metal geared servos from the original 17g metal geared units- meaning more torque for the control surfaces giving even better performance.
- Precision landing gear design: The nose landing gear has been redesigned to minimize play- ensuring the assembly tracks straight and true even at high speeds.
- Improved connectors: ‘soft’ connector design significantly increases the reliability of the wing quick release system.
- Increased elevator travel: giving pilots more precision and control authority
- Improved tires: an improved, more durable compound extends the service life of the landing gear wheels, even in rough field operations.
- Robust canopy latch: extended pin on the canopy latch reduces the possibility of an accidental canopy release in flight.
- Enlarged battery bay: now fits two 6S 3300mAh Lipos, for significantly increased flight times!
- New trim scheme: even more attractive trim than the original!
- New scale pilot
In 2017, FMS announced its flagship aircraft- the A-10 Thunderbolt II. Known for its impeccable scale features and awesome performance, the “Warthog” is truly a favorite amongst pilots and spectators alike. To make the best even better, FMS has dedicated significant engineering effort in building upon the first generation A-10, making evolutionary design and performance improvements to create the A-10 V2.
Retaining features such as the screw-together airframe, ball-linked control surfaces and high strength spar system, the A-10 V2 comes together just as easily its predecessor. Scale details remain impeccable - realistic rivets, panel lines, removable bombs and rockets and realistic absorbing CNC landing gear, just to name a few.
Complete System Upgrade - Reflex V2 is Compatible with Most FMS Aircraft
The Reflex V2 is a user-upgradeable flight controller. Reflex V2 can be reprogrammed easily with different model files via a simple software - allowing pilots to use the same flight control unit as they progress to different aircraft. Flying is simple when you have your very own “co-pilot” — the Reflex V2!
Three flight modes are available: Stabilized, Optimized or Off. This is controlled with a two or three position switch on the transmitter. When assigned to a two position switch, the Reflex system changes between stabilized and optimized modes.
Stabilized mode: Designed for beginners, Reflex will rapidly level the aircraft from any attitude when this mode is activated. Stabilized mode combines accelerometer and gyro data to determine how to level the aircraft when the control sticks are released - giving pilots absolute peace of mind. Note: The aircraft will maintain level flight with 50-60% throttle, and the aircraft will climb under full throttle.
Optimized mode: Utilizing advanced solid-state gyros, the Reflex system maintains aircraft attitude by counteracting inflight upsets - for gusts to crosswinds. With Reflex, even small aircraft will fly with the confidence of something much larger!
Off: Turns off all gyro functionality, the aircraft is flown completely manually when the gyro is off.
Reflex V2 Overview
|Wing Loading||113.2g/sq. dm (0.26oz/sq. in)|
|Fan Size||70mm EDF|
|Wing Area||36.2 sq.dm (561 sq.in)|
|Wingspan||59.1" (1501 mm)|
|Product Length||53.9" (1369 mm)|
|Approximate Assembly Time||Less than 1 Hour|
|Approximate Flight Time||4 minutes with recommended single battery, 6 minutes with dual batteries|
|Minimum Required Radio||6+ Channel Radio System (sold separately)|
|CG (Center of Gravity)||80-85mm (From Leading Edge)|
|Recommended Motor Battery||22.2V 6 Cell 5000mAh 45C LiPo (sold separately), supports up to 2 x 6-Cell 3300mAh LiPos|