- Planked hull, deck floors and parts of the cabin in genuine mahogany
- Die cut birch and poplar ply hull over poplar ply laser cut frames
- Cabin is a series of individual laser cut mahogany parts assembled over a full-size plan
- Cast metal and cast urethane deck fittings
- Bass and balsa strips
- Color flags and decals
In The Box
- All Wood to Build Kit, Caulking Strips, Instructions, Plans and and Figure Drawings, Deck Fittings, all Flags and Decals
Needed to Complete
- Tools, paint and glue
- Radio: 2-channel with one servo
- Motor: Dumas #2025 6V
- Running Hardware Kit: Dumas #2380
- Battery: 7.2V stick pack
- Battery Charger: To match selected battery
The style and elegance of the Roaring 20’s all wrapped up in 38 inches of model building bliss.
The 1929 38ft. Chris-Craft Commuter is the essence of style and class. This model positively drips with mahogany and epitomizes this classic era of American wooden boat building. The craftsman at Chris-Craft out did themselves when they created this beauty and now the model masters at Dumas are offering this little slice of heaven in kit form.
Must love to plank! Besides dripping with mahogany this boat is a tribute to planking. The hull, the deck, floors, and parts of the cabin are all planked, so this one is a dream come true for the serious wooden model boat enthusiast and it is loaded with quality features. We felt it was important to keep this one an all wood kit (with the exception of the caulking strips) Therefore, there is no expanded PVC used in this model. What is used is a combination of birch and poplar plywood, bass and balsa strip and a whole lot of mahogany planking. The hull construction is die-cut birch and poplar ply over poplar ply laser cut frames. The cabin is a series of individual laser cut mahogany parts assembled over a full size plan. The details are immense with some structures assembled like a model within a model (ie, the windshields).
Included in the kit are step by step instructions, plans and figure drawings, complete cast metal and cast urethane deck fittings, color flags and decals, and so much more. The Commuter is designed for radio control with single screw power using a Dumas #2025 6v motor. Running hardware package for the Commuter is #2380 and is sold separately.
|Beam||9.75" (248 mm)|
|Product Length||38" (965 mm)|