1/10 SCX10 III Early Ford Bronco 4X4 RTR, Turquoise Blue
1/10 SCX10 III Early Ford Bronco 4X4 RTR, Turquoise Blue
In The Box
- (1) Axial® SCX10™ III Early Ford Bronco 1/10 Scale 4WD RTR
- (1) Axial 35T Electric Motor (installed)
- (1) Spektrum S614 Waterproof Metal Gear Surface Servo, 23T (installed)
- (1) Spektrum SX107 Micro Analog Metal Gear Surface Servo, for Dig function (installed)
- (1) Spektrum Firma™ 40A Brushed Smart 2-in-1 ESC and Receiver (installed)
- (1) Spektrum™ DX3 2.4GHz Transmitter
- (4) AA Alkaline Transmitter Batteries
- (1) Product Manual
Needed to Complete
- (1) 2-3S Standard or “Shorty” LiPo Battery with EC3™ or IC3™ connector
- (1) Compatible Battery Charger
- (4) AA batteries for Transmitter
As the first sport-utility vehicle from the Ford Motor Company, the Bronco has become an icon of off-road history. In 1965, race car builder Bill Stoppe assembled a team of first-generation Broncos for long-distance off-road competition. They competed in the Mint 400, Baja 500, and the Mexican 1000 (later renamed Baja 1000).
- Officially licensed Early Ford Bronco body with realistic, molded tube cage, functional tube doors and many authentic scale details
- AR45 Straight Axles with offset front differential for true scale looks and low center of gravity
- Front Dig function lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for the tighter turning radius of front wheel drive
- Two-speed transmission option lets you increase the speed by approximately 20% (2-speed and Front Dig functions can both be operated with a 4-channel transmitter)
- Replica 5.0L V8 engine, transmission housing and transfer case protect the motor while improving scale appearance
- Authentic fender flares and rock sliders protect the body from rock rash
- Fender liners and floor sides hide internal components normally visible from the side of the chassis
- Open interior comes packed with details, including molded seats, dashboard, steering wheel with column, shifters and foot pedals
- Exterior details include license plates, headlights, taillights, windshield wipers and hood scoop
- Smart-enabled Spektrum™ receiver and ESC/receiver unit provides telemetry data to the DX3 transmitter
- Battery mount accepts full-size standard LiPo or NiMH packs
- Chassis wheelbase length can be adjusted to match other body lengths (11.4", 12.0", 12.3")
- Triangulated suspension geometry and AR45 Straight Axles reduce torque twist while improving scale looks
- Retro-style 3-piece beadlock wheels look scale and allow tires to be removed and replaced without gluing
- Licensed 1.9 replica Falken Wildpeak M/T tires provide realism and a solid grip on the trails
- Off-road bumpers with optimal approach angle also include mounting hole for a winch fairlead and aftermarket lighting
- Tunable aluminum oil-filled coil-over shocks feature an emulsion-style cap with bleed screw for easy rebuilds
- Spektrum™ servo, receiver and ESC are waterproof and ready for driving in any weather and trail conditions
When developing the officially licensed SCX10™ III Early Ford Bronco 4WD, Axial® engineers pushed the boundaries on ready-to-run scale crawler features, functions, and performance. It includes the key components that have made the SCX10™ III platform a success, and adds features never before found in an Axial® RTR — or any other RC vehicle. Hands down, this is one of the most detailed models Axial® has ever produced, and it's a perfect choice for brand new scalers, experienced rock crawling enthusiasts, and everyone in-between.
Inside and out, the scale realism is unprecedented — sure to impress the most devoted Ford fans. The polycarbonate Bronco body has a molded tube cage with functional tube doors and hidden body mounts to preserve the scale lines. Fender flares and rock sliders that are true to the era also provide essential rock rash protection. Other authentic exterior details include the hood scoop, license plates, windshield wipers, and LED headlights and taillights. Many scale features are also functional. The front and rear plate bumpers, for example, are placed at the optimal approach angle for unobstructed climbing and crawling.
Interior detail is equally impressive. Inside the cab you'll find molded seats, dashboard, shifter, foot pedals, and a steering wheel with column. Under the hood, a replica 5.0L V8 engine, transmission housing, and transfer case conceal the powerful Axial® 35T motor for added protection and scale appearance.
The realism continues right to the ground. Retro-style 3-piece beadlock wheels complement the Early Ford Bronco's scale body while allowing tires to be mounted, removed, and replaced easily without gluing. Licensed 1.9 replica Falken Wildpeak M/T tires provide a solid grip for getting over rocks and trails. The roll cage has mounting tabs for additional lights and a full function spare tire.
Underneath it all, the proven SCX10™ III chassis delivers the superior crawling performance Axial® drivers have come to expect. For a lower center of gravity in addition to true scale looks, the Early Ford Bronco uses AR45 Straight Axles in the front and rear. The triangulated suspension geometry is tuned to work with the axles to reduce torque twist and further increase the scale looks. Tunable oil-filled shocks help drivers find the best dampening rate and offer increased bore size with more fluid volume for the best performance.
Out of the box, the transmission is set up with a third-channel Front Dig function that lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter for a tighter turning radius. Or you can configure it for two speeds with high and low gears by moving the included Micro Dig Servo to the two-speed linkage. To use both the two-speed transmission and Front Dig features, just add another servo and a radio with at least four channels (such as the 5-channel Spektrum™ DX5).
The fully assembled RTR vehicle comes with a Spektrum™ DX3™ radio featuring exclusive DSMR® technology for superior range, response, and interference resistance. It's also compatible with the Smart telemetry potential provided by the installed Spektrum Firma™ Smart 40A ESC/receiver. Using a Spektrum Smart LiPo pack, you can follow on-board battery capacity on the transmitter's voltage level indicator while driving with confidence in any weather and trail conditions — the electronics are protected by a waterproof design.
With its unstoppable Axial® engineering and iconic Ford styling, the SCX10™ III Early Ford Bronco 4WD RTR crawler is made for adventuring in the mountains and rugged terrain. Just add your choice of suitable battery and go!
EARLY FORD BRONCO POLYCARBONATE BODY
There's plenty of scale detail in the officially licensed Bronco body for Ford fans to admire, including a separately mounted windshield and functional tube doors. The body mounts are hidden for that "ultra scale" look. Optional body mounts are also provided for using aftermarket bodies.
MOLDED ROLL CAGE
The realistic composite molded roll cage includes mounts for a functional spare tire and additional light housing — Axial® Universal Light Bar Set (sold separately).
FENDER LINERS AND FLOOR SIDES
The body's fender liners and floor sides hide internal components that would usually be visible from the side of the chassis. They also help protect the interior and include mounting points for rock lights, such as the Axial® SCX10™ III Multi-Color LED Rock Lights With Controller (sold separately).
ROCK RASH PROTECTION
Fender flares and rock sliders that are accurate for the era provide much-needed rock rash protection for the scale Bronco body.
Numerous exterior details add to the authentic look of the Early Ford Bronco body. Hood scoop, license plates, headlights, taillights, and windshield wipers are all included.
OPEN INTERIOR WITH SCALE DETAILS
The open interior design is packed with more scale details. Molded seats, dashboard, steering wheel with column, shifters, and foot pedals are all included as standard features.
This replica 5.0L V8 engine, transmission housing and transfer case conceal the powerful Axial® 35T electric motor for protection and to heighten the vehicle's scale appearance.
FRONT DIG TRANSMISSION & TWO-SPEED OPTION
Out of the box, the transmission is set up with a third-channel Front Dig function that lets you lock the rear axle from the transmitter. This acts like an anchor, allowing the front drive to pull the vehicle around in tight locations and dramatically increase maneuverability. Or you can configure it for two speeds with high and low gears by moving the included Micro Dig Servo to the two-speed linkage. To use both the two-speed transmission and Front Dig features, just add another servo and a radio with at least four channels, such as the 5-channel Spektrum™ DX5.
SPEKTRUM™ DX3™ 2.4GHz DSMR® TRANSMITTER
The included Spektrum DX3 radio features exclusive DSMR® technology for superior range, response, and interference resistance. It's also fully compatible with the Smart telemetry potential provided by the vehicle's installed Spektrum Firma™ Smart 40A ESC/receiver.
SPEKTRUM™ FIRMA™ SMART 40A ESC/Rx UNIT
Using a Spektrum Smart LiPo battery with the included, Smart-enabled transmitter and receiver/ESC unit enables you to follow vehicle battery capacity on the transmitter's voltage level indicator.
SPEKTRUM™ 15KG METAL GEAR SERVO
This metal gear, high-torque servo with cast alloy servo horn is waterproof for driving with confidence in any weather and trail conditions.
STRAIGHT AXLES WITH OFFSET FRONT DIFFERENTIAL
For true scale looks and a lower center of gravity, the Early Ford Bronco uses AR45 Straight Axles in the front and rear. An optional overdrive gear is available separately, the 6-Bolt 27 8 Overdrive Gear Set.
TRIANGULATED SUSPENSION GEOMETRY
The suspension geometry, tuned to work with AR45 Straight Axles, helps to reduce torque twist and increase the scale appearance. It also includes a front "cast alloy" 3-link with panhard bar.
ALUMINUM ADJUSTABLE COIL-OVER SHOCKS
The oil-filled shocks have hard anodized, threaded bodies, a single coilover spring, plus an emulsion-style cap with bleed screw for easier rebuilds. The shocks are tunable for achieving the best dampening rate. Their increased bore size also creates more fluid volume for better performance.
REVISED BATTERY MOUNTS
The SCX10™ III Early Ford Bronco battery tray accepts full-size standard LiPo or NiMH packs.
ADJUSTABLE WHEELBASE CHASSIS
The SCX10™ III chassis has an adjustable wheelbase that allows drivers to set its length to match aftermarket bodies (11.4", 12.0", 12.3").
RETRO 3-PIECE BEADLOCK WHEELS
The Early Ford Bronco comes with 3-piece beadlock wheels that are scale replicas of period-correct "slot mag" full-size wheels. They not only complement the scale body but also allow tires to be mounted, removed, and replaced easily without gluing. Detailed "knock-off" style screw-on wheel caps are also included.
LICENSED 1.9 TIRES
These licensed 1.9 replica Falken Wildpeak M/T tires provide realism plus a solid grip for crawling over rocks and trails. Axial® also includes a full-size, trail-ready spare tire.
The off-road bumpers have been engineered with the optimal approach angle for climbing and crawling over rocks and rough terrain. The front bumper also includes a mounting hole for a winch fairlead and aftermarket lighting. Front and rear scale license plates are installed for extra scale realism.
The SCX10™ III Early Ford Bronco is ready to drive in any weather and trail conditions thanks to waterproof Spektrum™ electronics.
Ford Motor Company Trademarks and Trade Dress are used under license to Horizon Hobby.
|Final Drive Ratio||45.6:1 Low / 31.3:1 High|
|Rear Track||9.25" (233mm)|
|Wheelbase||12.3" (312 mm)|
|Product Weight||7.24 lbs (3.28kg)|
|Tire Tread||Falken Wildpeak|
|Vehicle Type||Rock Crawler|
|Ground Clearance||2.5" (63.5mm)|
|Product Length||20.75" (527 mm)|
|Suspension||Multi-Link Solid Axle|
|Wheel Width||1" (25.5mm)|
|Shock Type||Oil-Filled/Coil-Over Spring|
|Ball Bearings||Complete Vehicle|
|Chassis||Adjustable Steel C-channel|
|Product Height||9.75" (248 mm)|
|Front Track||9.25" (233mm)|
|Inner Tire / Outer Wheel Diameter||1.9 in|
|Product Width||9.25" (235 mm)|