Horizon Hobby, LLC has been made aware of some issues with the AR9130T, AR12300T, and AR20300T PowerSafe Receivers. In certain circumstances, these issues may provide inadequate power in the SRXL port and may result in a crash.
What To Do:
Discontinue use of the product immediately, and follow the steps below to return the product to Horizon Hobby for a full refund.
1. If You Purchased the PowerSafe Telemetry Receiver from Horizon Hobby: Contact Horizon Hobby Customer Service. Horizon will set up a return authorization and send you a prepaid shipping label. Upon receipt of the receiver, Horizon will credit the account you purchased the product with for the refund price of the product. Please allow 14 - 21 days for processing and delivery.
2. If you Purchased the PowerSafe Telemetry Receiver from a Retailer: Complete the Return Request form by clicking here or pasting the link https://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/Spektrum_PowerSafe_TRX_Recall-RF.pdf into your browser. E-mail a copy of the form to HHPS@horizonhobby.com.
3. Upon processing of the completed form: A prepaid shipping label will be sent to you via email. If no email address is provided on the Return Request form, the shipping label will be mailed to you. Return the PowerSafe Telemetry Receiver, along with a printed copy of the completed Return Request form. Upon receipt of the receiver, Horizon will mail you a refund check. Please allow 14 - 21 days for processing and delivery.
If you purchased your product outside of the US, Canada and Europe, please see the retailer or distributor you purchased your product from for assistance.
Horizon Hobby, LLC disclaims all liability and warranties for any consumer who does not act upon this recall. We apologize for this inconvenience.If you have any questions, please call Horizon Hobby Product Support at 877-504-0233.
Country of Purchase
United States of America
Horizon Product Support (Product Technical Assistance)
Sensor port allows the receiver to be upgraded with future Spektrum add-ons
Compatible with all Spektrum DSM2 and DSMX transmitters
Rubber grommet hard mounts and minimalistic labeling helps produce the cleanest model setups
Capable of 11ms frame rates
Binding is easier than ever by Binding through a button or familiar bind plug
Integrated telemetry with built-in ports for RPM, flight pack voltage, temperature sensors and X-bus for telemetry sensor expansion
Receiver pack energy & voltage sensor and flight log data available without the need for additional sensors
PowerSafe redundancy system with dual 13 AWG battery leads w/ EC3 connectors. Perfect for power hungry aircraft and high current applications
Not compatible with DSM2 AIRMOD JR Module (SPMMSJR720)
What's in the box?
(3) DSMX Remote Receivers
(1) 9" Remote Receiver Extension
(1) 12" Remote Receiver Extension
(1) 24" Remote Receiver Extension
(2) Battery EC3 Connectors
(2) Charge Receptacles
(1) Aircraft Telemetry Volt Sensor
(1) Soft Switch
(1) Instruction Manual
The Spektrum™ AR12300T PowerSafe receiver is a feature-packed 12 channel receiver with integrated full-range telemetry. Each come with built-in connection ports for RPM, Flight Pack Voltage and Temperature sensors as well as an X-Bus port for additional telemetry options.
If you have a DSMX®/DSM2® transmitter capable of 11ms frame rates, the AR12300T will deliver lightning-fast input-to-output response that is perfect for high-performance applications such as aggressive 3D , IMAC, and Turbine Airplanes. Each receiver includes 3 remote receivers that take advantage of Spektrum MultiLink™ technology. This patented technology eliminates the reflected signal fading and antenna blind spots that can affect all 2.4GHz systems.
A ground-breaking feature introduced on the AR12300T PowerSafe Receiver is the built in receiver battery energy sensors. Giving pilots added awareness of the load and mAh used by the servos, retracts, lights, etc. used by each battery. Current Gen 2 Radio firmware already supports this function. Also, as with most of the current receiver line up, these feature a bind button that gives pilots an easy alternative to the age old bind plug.