- Large magnetic hatch for easy access to electronics
- Realistic 9-cylinder dummy radial engine
- Includes wing jig for easy transport and storage
- Can be assembled and flight ready in just a few evenings
- Plug-in wings speed assembly
- Painted fiberglass landing gear fairings
- Authentic pre-WWII UltraCote® trim scheme
- Painted fiberglass cowl
- This model is one of the many available for the Phoenix RC Flight Simulator
- 5+ Channel radio system
- Motor and ESC
- 2 mini and 2 micro servos
- 2 servo extensions
- Electric propeller
- LiPo battery and charger
- Tools and adhesives
- (1) Stearman PT-17 15e ARF, 44"
- (1) User Manual
Introduced as a primary trainer for the U.S. Army Air Corps in the days leading up to WWII, the Stearman PT-17’s robust construction and good-natured flying manners endeared it to thousands of pilots throughout the war years and beyond. Its sheer numbers (over 10,000 built, by some estimates) and numerous post-war roles, from crop duster to air show star, have made it one of the most recognizable biplanes among the general public to this day.
E-flite has expertly re-created the rugged good looks and benign flight behavior of the full-scale Stearman with this easy-to-assemble 15-size model that is a joy to fly. It comes out of the box constructed of balsa and light plywood and covered in an authentic early-WWII UtlraCote® trim scheme. Other scale touches include a painted fiberglass cowl, painted fiberglass landing gear fairings, and a great-looking 9-cylinder dummy radial engine. Assembly is remarkably simple thanks to the plug-in wings and bolt-on interplane struts. E-flite’s even included specially designed jigs that allow you to keep the upper and lower wing halves connected for easier transport and storage.
In the air the Stearman PT-17 15e’s flat-bottom airfoils and light wing loading translate into exceptionally scale-like flight characteristics that everyone from intermediate to advanced pilots will instantly fall in love with.
|Approximate Flight Time||12-15 minutes|
|Completion Level||Almost Ready-To-Fly|
|Propeller Size||12 x 6 (not included)|
|Trim Scheme Colors||Sky Blue, Bright Yellow|
|Wingspan||44.0 in (1120mm)|