- Fully assembled and ready for your layout
- Detailed trailer hitches
- Factory installed wire grab irons
- Metal underframe for correct rail height and optimum performance
- Machined RP25 profile 33” metal wheels
- Swing mount coupler boxes
The 85’ flatcar was introduced in the 1960’s to accommodate the latest 40’ trailers that were just being introduced on the nation’s highways. Each flatcar was set up to transport two of the trailers. Subsequently, these dedicated TOFC (Trailer On Flat Car) flatcars became the defacto standard for intermodal service during this era.
|Coupler Style||McHenry Scale Knuckle|