HO Cupola Caboose C&NW #10719
- Fine end handrails and ladders
- Clear windows
- ALL-NEW Barber-Bettendorf Swing Motion caboose truck per prototype
- Separately applied smoke jack and brake wheel
- Fully-assembled and ready to run
- Highly-detailed, injection-molded body
- Painted and printed for realistic decoration
- Machined metal wheels
- Weighted for trouble-free operation
- Wheels with RP25 contours operate on all popular brands of track
- Body-mounted McHenry operating scale knuckle couplers
- Minimum radius: 15"
PROTOTYPE AND BACKGROUND INFO:
Perhaps one of the most recognizable icons of American railroading, the caboose completed the train. Cabooses provide shelter for crew at the end of the train. The cupola, which projected above the roof, provided an elevated location for the conductor and rear brakeman to observe their train. They would be on the lookout for overheating wheel bearing's, shifting loads, damaged equipment and derailing cars.