AN EXCEPTIONAL FLYING EXPERIENCE
Designed by McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) and Northrop, the F/A-18 Hornet is used by the U.S. Navy and Marine Corps as both a fighter and an attack platform. Air forces of several other nations fly the F-18 as well. This replica has been modeled after the F/A-18D two-seat variant, operated primarily by the U.S. Marine Corps in night attack and Forward Air Controller (Airborne) [FAC(A)] roles. The trim and color scheme are taken from the U.S. Marine All-Weather Fighter Attack Squadron 242 — the “Bats” — based in Iwakuni, Japan. An all-new design for experienced RC pilots, the E-flite® F-18 Hornet 80mm EDF provides an exceptional flying experience highlighted by an abundance of Extra Scale details and functional scale features including factory-installed LED lights, full-flying stabs, operational flaps and more!
- The best handling high-performance F-18 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps and other forces
- Extra Scale details including removable ordnance and tanks, painted landing gear, molded-in panel lines and more
- Functional Extra Scale features including LED lights, full-flying stabs, flaps, main and nose gear doors
- V2 12-blade 80mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC
- Fits a wide range of 6S batteries from 4000-7000mAh to deliver class-leading flight times
- Ten factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Electric retracts with scale painted shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Two-piece wing that bolts into place and a magnetically secured nose cone
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
- Factory-applied VMFA(AW)-242 "Bats" squadron finish
- Extremely durable, fully molded EPO airframe
HIGH-PERFORMANCE, EASY HANDLING HORNET
The E-flite® F-18 Hornet 80mm EDF features an all-new design with the size, scale details, functional features and performance to deliver an unmatched flying experience. With 6S LiPo power its V2 12-blade 80mm fan, high-RPM brushless inrunner motor and 100A ESC deliver fantastic performance with virtually instantaneous throttle response. This power system also provides better performance and longer flight times than the 6S-compatible power systems used in larger models — plus it offers a turbine-like sound! An abundance of Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines and hatches, removable ordnance and drop tanks, a pilot figure and more take the appearance to another level. Functional Extra Scale features include LED navigation lights, full-flying stabs and operational flaps, plus retracts and sequenced gear doors. It's also equipped with the most scale-like landing gear of any F-18 EDF model yet, and the shock-absorbing, trailing-link struts are painted white for an even more realistic appearance. Constructed of durable, fully-molded EPO material, no glue is required for assembly and it can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
- Full-range 6+ channel transmitter and receiver
- 6S 22.2V 4000–7000mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
- (1) E-flite® F-18 80mm EDF with:
- (1) 100A Brushless ESC (installed)
- (1) Brushless Inrunner Motor (installed)
- (10) Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
The V2 12-blade 80mm fan, high-RPM brushless inrunner motor and 100-amp ESC combine with your 6S 4000–7000mAh 30+C LiPo battery to deliver great vertical performance and a fantastic speed range with virtually instantaneous throttle response. This power system also delivers better performance and longer flight times than the 6S-compatible power systems used in larger models. But what makes the experience truly rewarding is the fantastic sound it produces – it's almost like a real turbine.
Extra Scale Details
The F-18 Hornet 80mm EDF features an accurate outline and an abundance of Extra Scale details including molded-in panel lines and hatches, painted landing gear, removable ordnance and drop tanks – more details than you typically find on similar class and smaller models.
Functional Extra Scale Features
Factory-installed LED lights, full-flying stabs, operational flaps and control surfaces with pocket hinges – even main gear and sequenced nose gear doors – are functional Extra Scale features that take your experience to another level.
The steerable nose gear with dual wheels and the rotating main gear feature reliable, factory-installed electric retracts equipped with durable metal components including Extra Scale painted trailing-link, shock-absorbing struts. It's the most scale-like landing gear installed on an F-18 EDF model yet!
Construction with fully molded EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex detail and shapes in a lightweight yet durable form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that's easy to maintain and delivers the best possible flight experience. The factory-installed metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages deliver crisp and precise control at every speed.
No glue is required for assembly and you can have the F-18 ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The stabs plus the two-piece wing bolt into place and can easily be removed for convenient storage and transport.
Unique Trim Scheme
The factory-applied paint and decal finish pays tribute to the U.S. Marine Corps VMFA(AW)-242 "Bats" squadron, while providing excellent visibility and a model you'll be proud to show off everywhere you go.
Plug-N-Play® Completion Level
This Plug-N-Play (PNP) model comes out of the box with a factory-installed power system and servos that are ready to connect to the compatible receiver of your choice (sold separately). Simply install the receiver, finish any final assembly, and fly!