A-10 Thunderbolt II 64mm EDF PNP
As the primary Close Air Support aircraft of the U.S. Air Force, the A-10 Thunderbolt II is often affectionately called the "Warthog" due to its aggressive look, and because it's a highly accurate and survivable weapons-delivery platform. The nose — often decorated with painted teeth — is equipped with a GAU-8 Avenger 30mm gatling gun that unleashes the destructive bite of armor-piercing incendiary rounds. The E-flite® A-10 Thunderbolt II Twin 64mm EDF is a scale replica of the iconic aircraft that served with distinction in operations Desert Storm, Desert Fox, Enduring Freedom and others. It delivers excellent top speed and unlimited vertical performance, while also featuring fantastic handling and being the easiest to fly hog yet when it's equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies (BNF® Basic version only).
- The easiest to fly and best handling high-performance A-10 twin EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Scale replica of the iconic aircraft flown by the U.S. Air Force for Close Air Support and other missions
- Functional features including LED navigation lights, operational flaps and twin rudders
- Scale details including removable ordnance, molded-in panel lines and more
- Twin 11-blade 64mm fans deliver unlimited vertical performance and excellent top speeds up to 100+ MPH
- Factory-installed, high-power 6S-compatible brushless motors, 40-amp ESCs and a separate BEC
- Fits 6S batteries from 3200-4000mAh to deliver class-leading performance and flight times
- Nine factory-installed digital servos with precise ball-link equipped linkages
- Electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Easy to install/remove one-piece composite reinforced wing with hands-free connection system
- Convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and a pilot figure
- Factory-applied "Flipper" camouflage trim scheme and finish
- Extremely durable, fully-molded EPO airframe
A PRACTICAL HIGH-PERFORMANCE TWIN
Featuring an all-new design, the E-flite® A-10 Thunderbolt II Twin 64mm EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet is the highest-performance and best-handling model of the popular U.S. Air Force aircraft yet. Its twin 11-blade, 64mm fans are powered by high-RPM brushless motors that are paired with 40A ESCs wired to use a single 6S 3200–4000mAh battery. This perfectly engineered power system produces excellent top speed — up to 100+ MPH in level flight — and unlimited vertical performance while also delivering class-leading flight times. The separate BEC and nine factory-installed digital servos with ball-link equipped linkages deliver precise and reliable control. A long list of functional features includes LED navigation lights, operational flaps, twin rudders and electric retracts with shock-absorbing struts so you can fly from a variety of surfaces, including grass fields. And details including removable ordnance, molded in panel lines, a cockpit with pilot figure and more add to the incredible scale looks. Plus it arrives factory-finished in the rare "Flipper" three-tone gray camouflage trim scheme that looks great on the ground and in the air. And it all adds up to deliver a "Hog" that's practically sized so it's easier to store and transport while also offering an unmatched flying experience you'll enjoy flight after flight!
- Full-range 6+ channel transmitter and receiver
- 6S 22.2V 3200–4000mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5™ or IC5™ connector
- Compatible LiPo charger
- (1) E-flite A-10 Twin 64mm EDF with:
- (2) 40A Brushless ESC (installed)
- (2) Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
- (9) Digital Servos (installed)
- (1) 5A BEC (installed)
- (1) Product Manual
Plug-N-Play® Completion Level
This Plug-N-Play (PNP) model comes out of the box with a factory-installed power system and servos that are ready to connect to the compatible receiver of your choice (sold separately). Simply install the receiver, finish any final assembly, and fly!
The twin 11-blade 64mm fans, high-RPM brushless motors and 40-amp ESCs combine with your 6S 3200–4000mAh 30+C LiPo battery to deliver unlimited vertical performance and a fantastic speed range, including top speeds up to 100+ MPH in level flight, with virtually instantaneous throttle response. This power system also delivers better performance and longer flight times than the 4S-compatible power systems used in similar class models. But what makes the experience truly rewarding is the fantastic sound it produces – it's almost like a real turbine engine.
The A-10 twin 64mm EDF features an accurate outline and an abundance of scale details including molded-in panel lines and hatches, gun detail, and removable ordnance – more details than you typically find on similar class and smaller models.
Factory-installed LED navigation lights, operational flaps and twin rudders are functional features that take your experience to another level.
The factory-installed electric retracts are equipped with durable metal components including shock-absorbing struts that make it possible to fly from a wider variety of surfaces including paved runways and even grass.
Construction with fully-molded EPO material makes it possible to replicate complex detail and shapes in a lightweight yet durable form. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that's easy to maintain and delivers the best possible flight experience, plus the factory-installed servos with ball-link equipped linkages deliver crisp and precise control at every speed.
The one-piece, composite-reinforced wing is easy to install and remove for storage and transport thanks to the innovative hands-free connection system. And the convenient top-mounted hatch makes it quick and easy to install and remove batteries.
Unique Trim Scheme
The factory-applied paint and decal finish is inspired by the rare "Flipper" three-tone gray camouflage that was used on some A-10 aircraft in the early 90's and makes for a model you'll be proud to show off everywhere you go.
|Airfoil Shape||Fully symmetrical|
|Approximate Assembly Time||Less than 1 Hour|
|Approximate Flight Time||3:30 - 4:00 minutes|
|CG (Center of Gravity)||2-3/16 - 2-3/4 in (55-70mm) from the leading edge of the wing at the fuselage|
|Fan Size||64mm EDF|
|Minimum Required Radio||6-channel|
|Minimum Speed Control||(2) included, 40A interconnected with one battery lead, separate BEC|
|Motor Size||(2) 2840-2200Kv|
|Product Length||41.77 in (1061mm)|
|Recommended Motor Battery||6S LiPo 3200 - 4000mAh|
|Servos||(9) 9G digital plastic gear servos installed|
|Trim Scheme Colors||"Flipper" camouflage trim scheme and finish|
|Wing Area||340 sq in (21.9 sq dm)|
|Wingspan||45.23 in (1149mm)|