! Attention Canadian Customers !
This product has a Canadian Only Recall. Click Here to learn more.
- Sealed Differentials
- Waterproof Electronics
- Li-Po Ready Electronic Speed Control
- Motor Guard With Cooling Vents
- Low CG, Double Wishbone Suspension For Better Handling
- Universal Body Mounts
- Officially Licensed 2012 Camaro ZL1 Body
- Shaft-Driven 4WD For Excellent Traction
- Adjustable Battery Strap Adapts To Different Batteries
- Wider Rear Tires For Better Grip
- Low Profile Tires On Large Diameter Wheels
- Dynamite® 6-Cell 7.2V 1800mAh Ni-MH Battery and Dynamite 2A Ni-MH AC Peak Charger Included
- Spektrum™ DX2E 2.4GHz Transmitter with Batteries Included
- Sealed Gear Boxes and Drive Shaft Tunnel
- Gear Differentials
- Double wishbone suspension
- Wheels/Tires are interchangeable with most HPI and Tamiya wheels/tires. Note, some HPI and Tamiya wheels/tires contain a heavier back side of the wheel which will require the removal of the Vaterra® touring car calipers
Needed To Complete
Everything You Need In One Box:
• Spektrum™ DX2E 2.4GHz Transmitter with Batteries
• Dynamite® 6-Cell 7.2V 1800mAh Ni-MH Battery
• Dynamite 2A Ni-MH AC Peak Charger
The DNA of the 2012 Camaro ZL1 is undeniable. Its muscular looks and 580 horsepower, supercharged V8 are clearly inspired by the 1969 original. And, like its street brawling forbear, it will put the smack down on many of its peers. What sets the modern ZL1 apart are the smart new ways it applies brute force. Magnetic Ride Control makes up to 1000 adjustments per second. Special pickups keep fuel flow steady during high-g turns. There’s even an option for Formula 1-style paddle shifters. It’s a whole new breed of Camaro; one that’s as big a threat on circuits like Nürburgring as it is at the stop light. This stunning reproduction of the new ZL1 is all attitude.
On display or on the streets, the Vaterra™ 2012 Camaro ZL1 is all attitude. The detail in its body and wheels alone are enough to make you stop and stare. It’s when you pick up the transmitter, though, that you’ll really be hooked. Its powerful Dynamite® motor system and 4WD V100-S chassis let you live it up at full throttle with superb handling, just like the real thing.
The V100-S chassis gives you a balanced, neutral handling car with a wide range of tuning options. It also features universal body mounts that are compatible with most other 1/10-scale bodies. The elegant aggression of the Camaro is present in every line and curve of the oofficially licensed body. Details include side view mirrors, chromed exhaust tips and clear headlights. Life on the street isn’t always dry and weather is often less than perfect. That’s why the Camaro has been equipped with a waterproof receiver, speed control and steering servo so you can run in all kinds of conditions.*For complete details on waterproof standards, please refer to the product instruction manual. The shaft-driven 4WD delivers excellent traction on paved surfaces and superb drift control when sliding across loose surfaces. The differentials are sealed against the elements and can be tuned for a variety of running conditions. The low-profile tires and 54mm wheels, along with the detailed appearance of real brakes and calipers, look as good on display as they do on the move. The rear tires also have a little more meat than the fronts for better grip and a little more attitude.
** Note, some HPI and Tamiya wheels/tires contain a heavier back side of the wheel which will require the removal of the Vaterra touring car calipers.
|Battery||1800mAh Ni-MH 6-cell flat w/EC3? connector|
|Charger||2A Ni-MH AC peak charger|
|Ground Clearance||0.25 in (6mm)|
|Inner Tire / Outer Wheel Diameter||2.16" (54mm)|
|Internal Gear Ratio||2.46:1|
|Motor Type||Brushed 540|
|Outer Diameter||2.76 in (70mm)|
|Shock Type||Injection-molded friction|
|Tire Compound||S Compound|
|Tire Tread||Multi Purpose tread|
|Wheel Width||1.05" (26MM) & 1.2" (30mm)|