DSMX builds upon the incredible DSM 2 technology you have come to know and trust. After years of development and in the field use, DSMX is an evolution of DSM 2 2.4 GHz technology, destined to deliver the most robust, reliable, and efficient level of RF link possible in the modeling world today.
DSMX is for those modelers who enjoy attending mega events where large numbers of 2.4 systems are on at once. Another great part about all of this is the forward/backward compatibility of DSMX to DSM 2 is such that no current technology becomes orphaned with the release of todays or future DSM transmitter products.
It is a new, frequency agile evolution of Spektrum 2.4GHz technology that matches the consistently superior speed and data capacity of DSM2 with the most advanced frequency shifting logarithm to date.
Should I purchase the DSMX add-on?
Before investing in the DSMX transmitter add-on, there are several important facts about DSMX you need to know:
- To realize the full benefits you must have both a DSMX Transmitter and a DSMX Receiver
- DSM2 transmitters are compatible with DSMX receivers. Likewise, should you purchase a DSMX transmitter add-on, the DSM2 receivers you have now will be compatible with it.
- Because DSM2 and DSMX share the same wide-band DSSS foundation, all Spektrum users will enjoy superior range, speed and precision whether they're using DSM2 equipment, DSMX equipment or a combination of both.
- The difference a DSMX system makes is only apparent when hundreds of 2.4GHz systems are in use at once.* DSM2 users who rarely, if ever, fly in big events or other exceptionally "noisy" 2.4GHz environments may find the DSM2 equipment they have now is all they will ever need.
*A DSMX system refers to a DSMX transmitter in use with a DSMX receiver.
Just How Good is DSMX?
In multiple tests, 100 DSMX systems were operated simultaneously for extended periods of time. During these tests not a single case of RF link loss, latency increase or control degradation was experienced or recorded.
See the 100 transmitter test for yourself. Go to spektrumrc.com and watch the DSMX video.
What is the process to request an add-on?
- Click on the appropriate add-on for your transmitter.
- Order the add-on as you would order any other product. Cost of the add-on includes shipping to the Horizon Hobby Service Center.
- The shipping method you select during the checkout process applies to your return shipment and is not included within the price of the add-on. All return shipping will be "signature required."
- Please use accurate shipping information, billing information and email address when placing your DSMX add-on order.
- Your order confirmation screen will contain additional information about sending your transmitter in to the Horizon Hobby Service Center. You must print out this confirmation and include it within your shipment.
- You will receive a pre-paid shipping label via email that you must print and use on the outside of your shipment.
- Please back up all data and information before packaging your transmitter.
- Please pack your transmitter appropriately to avoid shipping damages. Do not include LiPo batteries within your shipment.
- Track the status of your add-on request by accessing the online Service Center at http://www.horizonhobby.com/Service
Important Backup Information
Be sure to back up your transmitter data before sending it in.
For transmitters that do not have SD Card or Data Transfer capabilities, the following guides may be used:
Airplane Programming Guide
Helicopter Programming Guide
Does DSMX have ModelMatch and ServoSync?
Yes. DSMX will provide users with these and the many other exclusive Spektrum advantages they already enjoy with DSM2.