Patented, Patent-Pending, or Registered Idea
I understand and agree to be bound to the following terms and conditions for my submission to Horizon Hobby (Horizon):
- I am at least 18 years old.
- Despite the fact I believe I have protectable materials, Horizon, by reviewing my submission, is not in any way admitting that I have such rights or agreeing to compensate or recognize me for my submission. If Horizon is interested in my idea, a representative will contact me directly to make mutually agreeable arrangements to protect both parties should negotiations for purchase or license ensue.
- My idea is patented, a patentable invention, a copyrighted work(s), a registered trademark(s), or otherwise protected.
- I should not submit prototypes or equipment of any kind during this phase. Horizon is not liable for the protection of or safe return of anything I submit.
- I agree that all information provided is given entirely voluntarily.
- To the best of my knowledge, all of the ideas I am submitting are not the property of others and all other information furnished to Horizon is true and correct.
- I understand that if any part of the Idea was created and/or is owned by any other person, business or entity, that all such parties must agree to these terms and conditions at the time of submission and that if they do not, I will be personally liable for any claims or damages Horizon might incur as a result of my failure to ensure each has done so.
- I am not violating any agreement or understanding I have with another party, including my current or former employer.
- No implied contractual relationship arises from submission of my idea.
- I am aware that under the law of the United States and most foreign countries, I may be able to protect my idea through application for patents, trademarks, copyrights or maintain my idea as a "trade secret" by protecting it from non-confidential disclosure.
- Horizon has access to extensive experience, expertise, patents, copyrights, trademarks, and other information. Thus, it is likely that my idea, or something similar to it, was already known or available to Horizon prior to my submission.
- Any materials I submit will not be returned to me and will be retained by Horizon.
- Horizon is under no obligation to consider my idea, use my idea or to hold my idea in confidence.
- I understand I need to keep my original materials or a duplicate copy for my own records because Horizon does not and cannot guarantee the safe return of my materials.
- I understand that I am in no way entering a partnership or joint venture with Horizon and that I have no power to bind Horizon in any manner or to use its name, trademarks or other proprietary materials.
- If a court of competent jurisdiction determines that any part of these terms and conditions is unenforceable, such provision shall be more narrowly and equitably construed so that it becomes legal and enforceable, the entire Terms and Conditions shall not fail on account thereof, and the balance of the Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
- These terms and conditions shall be interpreted and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois without regard to its conflicts of law principles and the federal courts residing in Champaign County, Illinois shall have the exclusive right to hear any such disputes and I agree that such courts shall have personal jurisdiction over me.
- These terms and conditions are binding on me and on any and all of my heirs, executors, assigns, licensees, representatives, agents or successors-in-interest.
Click here to submit your idea